*Holiday Park New Development Consultant*
Project Management / Hot Tubs / Off Grid Energy / Modular Lodges & Pods / Procurement
I can steer you through the fog of a development project working independently or as part of your operational team, with as much or as little input you need on any of the key building blocks to success:
Marketplace – turn your vision into a viable proposition and create the masterplan
Planning – coordinate the planning process with relevant experts
Requirements – determine the detail of everything in the vision that will deliver the guest journey
Business plan – create the cost plan and operational P&L
Funding – introduce different funding options
Ecology – coordinate with relevant experts – manage critical timelines
Logistics – energy strategy (renewable and green to reduce costs by 25%), IT & utilities
Specifications – define the individual specs for the tender process
Launch plan – construction, procurement, fit out, people plan
Sales & Marketing – advise on agency & booking strategy, digital marketing.
If you are planning a new development I can help you to navigate through all the key processes from planning right up to opening the business, ensuring that you create a great guest journey and experience, an efficient back of house, and a proposition that will deliver a consistent return on your investment.
I can help you to avoid the potential roadblocks to success, and allow you to keep focused on the day job
An operator by background I understand your world and am always focused on the most efficient way to deliver the best guest experience with the P&L in mind
Passionate about project management with a people focus that helps to ensure a great outcome - on time and to budget
Experienced in working with construction partners and managing them to work in sync with other build and operational partners alike
I will help you to engage all the right supply partners
I also work with industry leading partners (Sunbelt Spas with 8000 hot tubs on holiday parks, Lesko a leading lodge manufacturer, Purchasing for Parks for procurement and GET Solutions for renewable energy) which allows me to ensure the optimum design spec to meet your requirements.
Life is short – work is hard, but it must also be fun !!
HOLIDAY PARK NEW DEVELOPMENTS
I can help you design the right modular or fixed build holiday accommodation (lodges & pods) to best suit your requirements
I work with Sunbelt Spas and with 8000+ hot tubs on holiday parks we are the leader in design innovation to ensure the guest wow, regulatory compliance and operational efficiencies.
(EG - quick speed heaters, heat exchangers, integral sand filters etc)
I have a supply chain of proven quality partners for construction, fit out and operational procurement needs that will help to reduce your costs
OFF GRID ENERGY SOLUTIONS
produce your own heat & power and save 25% on your current energy costs. reduce your capital outlay with profit share car charging installations
New Holiday Park Developments
- If you are planning a new build, refurbishment or acquisition of a Holiday Park or Leisure Business I can act as the 'critical client' for your organisation by forging the link between brand requirements and aspirations, budgets and timelines, the construction team and the operators, while at all times ensuring that the guest journey and the commercials are always the priority - which is easy to forget in the heat of battle!
- As a lifetime leisure industry operator, I understand the power of teams when they are all on the same page.
- Passionate about project management with a people focus that helps to ensure a great outcome built to time and cost plan.
- Typically working alongside a Development and Operations team I can mentor the requirements process through to the specifications and then the development phase. I will then work closely with the construction team whilst managing the procurement process for all the FF&E. I then organise the fit-out process and ensure that the whole site is fit for purpose, both front and back of house, so it is ready to be handed over to the operational team.
- I will add value at the planning stage of a new development by helping to ensure that all the potential road blocks to success are recognised, and that the final product exceeds the expectation of the guest, the operator, and of course the budget!
I have worked in the Holiday Park sector for over ten years so have an idea of what guests like and what makes them come back again – and what to avoid!!
As an operator by background I also ensure that operational efficiency is always factored into the design and planning process.
Most clients will have their own resources and local contacts but there will always be additional requirements. I have access to a supply chain of proven contractors and suppliers who are used to creating outdoor accommodation businesses, used to working alongside other trades and willing to go the extra mile to achieve timelines and a quality finish.
From planning to groundworks to utilities to construction to interior design to everything first & second fix I can introduce potential supply partners as required.
FF&E Procurement & Fit Out
I have access to a supply chain that can fit out a Holiday Park with a commercial specification that will meet brand requirements and guest expectation, usually with a saving to the client.
Operational Business Launch
I can either support the operational team to launch the business (to help them keep an eye on the day job!) or manage the process for the client.
This could include the people process, sales & marketing plan, creation or development of brand, health & safety management plan, IT systems implementation, supply chain, business launch and ongoing operation etc.
I can facilitate a 'lessons learned' process that incorporates the planning, design, build, launch and operation of a job, so that every project can contribute to your organisations' continuous improvement - and the best bit is that when the job is done I am no longer an overhead!
Scope of Works
A scope of works could include:
Pre project objectives, cost plan, timelines, designs
Requirements and product specifications
Communications – linking client, contractors and operations as one team
Work with construction team to ensure goals are met
Deliver the fit out process
Facilitate the operational launch
Lessons learned process
NB – every project, and therefore the commitment, will vary in terms of the type of job, eg either a new build or a refurbishment, as well as the amount of planning, design, procurement, people process, launch project management etc that may be required.
New build projects successfully completed:
Forest Holidays (9 sites) www.forestholidays.co.uk
Burnbake Forest Lodges www.burnbake.com
Beyond Escapes www.beyondescapes.co.uk
Hot Tubs designed for Holiday parks
Hot Tubs will help get your winter occupancy up to 80%+ (ave without is 30%)
Spa Design & Fit Out
- I have worked with Sunbelt Spas for over ten years and helped to create a range of hot tubs that are designed specifically for the Holiday Park industry that are robust, easy to maintain, efficient to operate and of course give a great guest experience!
- A lodge with a hot tub can achieve an all year round occupancy of 80%+ whereas a holiday lodge without a hot tub will statistically only achieve a 30% occupancy during the winter months (ref: Hoseasons). ‘Hot Tub’ is the most used request in holiday park search engines.
- To view the current range of hot tubs, go to www.sunbeltspas.co.uk and follow the Holiday Parks link
- Hot Tubs are an integral part of the current UK Holiday Park experience and undoubtedly lead the charge in delivering high occupancy and accommodation yields, but they come with some infrastructure requirements that must be planned in at the early stages of a new site development, or taken into consideration on an existing site
- We currently have over 8,000 hot tubs on approx. 250 Holiday Parks which includes brands such as Center Parcs, John Fowler, Forest Holidays, Argyll Holidays, and Away Resorts.
- Our hot tubs are designed to give at least eight years of commercial life and they include several features such as quick speed heaters, quick drain downs, easy access for maintenance, same parts for all models and bromine continuous sanitisation.
- We also offer several features such as auto top up, heat exchangers (so you can link it up to your heating system), individual sand filters, and enhanced lighting features.
- We can also make a design bespoke to your requirements.
- We offer a turnkey solution in that we will work with the development team on site to ensure that the ground works and utilities are in place prior to us installing. We will then train the site team and set them up with all the required operational procedures and follow this up with another session six weeks later. Our service team are available 24/7 and are always be called should the site team need any advice.
- I can supply just the hot tubs or as part of a new park development project.
- I can advise in the design of hot tub locations, infrastructure, EHO and Environment Agency requirements, back of house, people requirements and ongoing audit processes.
We can deliver cost savings across all parts of you business
How we can help
I work with a procurement expert who has 20 years’ experience in the hospitality industry who has delivered over £80m of cost savings to clients during this period.
Working across all the cost centres that affect the Hospitality sector and Holiday Parks we have negotiated contracts across multiple spend categories.
How does it work?
Once we have understood your requirements, priorities and challenges we can create and deliver a tailored procurement strategy which will exceed your expectations in delivering lower costs across your business.
We do this by sharing all your cost details (contractually confidential) so that we can then benchmark you against the rest of the market place. We will do this FREE OF CHARGE as we are confident that we will be able to provide you with attractive savings.
- Reduced costs
- Increased profits
- Enhance supplier performance
- Spend analysis & insights
- Mitigate future cost increases
- Tailored procurement strategy always in the present
We see this is a partnership relationship where our procurement experience can deliver long term savings to your business
Please contact us so we can arrange to meet up and explore the potential opportunities.
where has he been?
Owner of CBLS since 2010 (30+ holiday park projects completed)
New Site Launch Manager – Forest Holidays
National Cabin Manager – Forest Holidays
CEO – St Georges Hill Private Members Club
Regional Director – Leisure Connection
Regional Manager – David Lloyd Leisure
General Manager – First Leisure Corporation
Leisure Manager – Hythe Imperial
Food & Beverage Manager – Thistle Hotels
'The project management and people skills that Chris brought to the Forest Holidays development team facilitated the efficient delivery of the nine new sites around the UK, on time & budget and with a smile!
Gary Fletcher - CEO Forest Holidays
'CBLS were engaged to oversee the fitting out, equipment, sourcing, furnishing and the operational launch of 22 bespoke lodges at Burnbake Campsite in Dorset. Great service, delivered on budget and has survivied the ultimate customer testing well. Would certainly recommend'
Mike Stickland - Planning Solutions/Burnbake Lodges
'Chris has helped to prepare and project manage the masterplan to build 60 glamping pods onto the theme park from concept through to the current construction phase
Gaynor Corr - Owner - Sundown Adventureland